The Multi-Channel Base Station is at the heart of the Deeter Wireless Sensor System, designed to communicate with a sensor network containing one or more Deeter Senders or LVCS-RFs and to convert remote sensor input signals into a stream of data to a PC.
On the computer Deeter Data Viewer Software displays the outputs of up to eight analogue inputs and up to thirty two switched inputs from as many as eight sensor nodes which can be Deeter Wireless Senders or Deeter Wireless LVCS-RF Liquid Vertical Continuous Sensors.
The Data Viewer Software permits the user to view the inputs from multiple sensor nodes, change the settings in the Base Station and network, record the sensor datastream, monitor and record network events and monitor remote battery voltages.
The Multi-Channel Base Station acts as the coordinator for a wireless network. It operates on one of 16 radio frequency channels available in the 2.4GHz ISM band. Range can achieve up to 4km in ideal conditions in the USA, up to 1km in the EU in ideal line-of-sight conditions, subject to local environmental factors, and greater distances can be attained with the use of one or more Deeter Wireless Routers.
The internationally recognised IEEE 802.15.4 protocol allows several networks to share the same space without interfering with each other.
The Multi-Channel Base Station can receive sensor data from up to 8 devices.
The Multi-Channel Base Station provides the following process outputs:
- Four Open-collector transistor outputs. These may be used to drive external relays (for example a Deeter Dual Level Controller) for pumps and alarms. The outputs will sink up to 50mA at 40V and are short-circuit protected.
- A 4-to-20mA current-loop driver. This allows interfacing with industrial process controllers or the range of Deeter Current Loop Indicators.
- A serial communications channel provides full-duplex RS232 and half-duplex RS485 transceivers. This allows software to be developed for linking to PCs, dataloggers, PLCs and so forth (Future feature). A USB connection is also available.
The Multi-Channel Base Station has three internal push-button switches and a 2-line by 16-character LCD. The buttons are accessible with the lid removed and are used in conjunction with the display to select installation options during initial setup.
Once the system has been installed it will continue to operate without any need for user intervention.
The Multi-Channel Base Station is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with an external antenna. It has cable glands for power input and signal outputs.
|Antenna (External)||Fully weather-proof||Frequency Channels||16|
|Antenna Gain||2.2dBi||Operating Temperature||-20°C to + 70°C|
|Antenna Extension Cable (Note 1)||3m length||Process Outputs||Four open collector transistor outputs, 50mA 40V DC(max). One 4- 20mA current loop driver|
|Antenna type||Half Wave dipole||Radio Frequency||2.4 GHz ISM band|
|CE mark||Yes||Receiver Sensitivity||-96dBm|
|Communications protocol||IEEE 802.15.4||Serial Communications port||One UART RS232C,
RS485 115200 baud 8-bit,
1-stop bit, USB
|Dimensions (mm)||Height = 179 (237 inc. antenna)
Depth = 51 (118 inc. antenna)
Width = 138
Antenna Height = 96
|Supply Voltage (Note 2)||10-26V DC|
|Enclosure||IP64||Transmit power (Note 3)||6dBm|
|FCC Part 15 compliant||Yes|
1) Optional feature.
2) The Base Station is supplied with a 12V DC external wall-mounted mains adapter power supply. This can operate on 100-240V AC 50-60Hz mains. It can supply 0.5A.
3) Conform to European ETSU Limits.