There are two ATEX directives (one for the manufacturer and one for the user of the equipment):
- The ATEX 95 Equipment directive 94/9/EC, Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres;
- The ATEX 137 Workplace directive 99/92/EC, Minimum requirements for improving the safety and health protection of workers potentially at risk from explosive atmospheres.
IECEx System Objective
The objective of the IECEx System is to facilitate international trade in equipment and services for use in explosive atmospheres, while maintaining the required level of safety:
- Reduced testing and certification costs to manufacturer
- Reduced time to market
- International confidence in the product assessment process
- One international database listing
- Maintaining International Confidence in equipment and services covered by IECEx Certification
If you have any questions about our Hazardous Area products or would like some more information, please email us using the form below and we will get right back to you.